In the lead up to Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.0.4 will soon be upon us, with changes aplenty. The patch notes have been circulating for quite some time, but let’s take a closer look at how transmogrification will be affected specifically.
• Weapon slots are being changed. For all classes except hunters, the ranged slot is being removed,
which means no more relics and thrown weapons.
• Hunters, on the other hand, will now have a single weapon slot in which to use their
bow/crossbow/gun. Their ranged weapons will receive a stat boost to compensate for the loss of
the old “stat sticks”, and will no longer have a minimum range.
• Hunters can still equip polearms, staves and swords etc., but they won’t be able to do so at the
same time as wearing a ranged weapon. Gone are the days of melee hunter weapons!
• Wands are becoming main hand weapons and will receive stat boosts to bring them in line with
other caster main hands.
• All main hand fist weapons will become one-handed, allowing greater freedom when transmogrifying.
• Current Valor and Conquest Point purchases will be made available for Justice and Honor Points
• With 5.0.4, Valor Points will be converted to
Justice Points, Conquest Points will be
converted to Honor Points. Valor and
Conquest will not be obtainable again until
Mists of Pandaria.
• You won’t be able to earn any further
Justice or Honor Points if the currency
conversion puts your total above 4000.
• You will be able to carry up to 4000 Justice
and 4000 Honor Points with you into Mists of
• Points above 4000 will be converted to silver:
35s per Honor Point and 47s per Justice
Other Relevant Details
• Whilst there’s no absolute confirmation, patch 5.0.4 on the PTR does have the new versions of
Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery, which implies the new versions will be released on live this
week. You’d best get busy if you still want any items from the old versions of the instances, as many
items are seemingly being removed.
See our article on The Future of Scholomance & Scarlet Monastery.
• AoE looting is being introduced, a god-send for the farming-inclined transmogrification fan.
• Head enchants are being removed which, whilst not directly related to transmog, is still worthy of