Brown Demon Hunter I

Brown Demon Hunter I

Armor Type: Leather
Level Req.: 85 (80 with the alternative shoulders)
Source: BoE world drops/Vendor purchases/Instance drops
Availability: Alliance only! Time consuming to gather all of the pieces

This Demon Hunter outfit is based around the Kurenai kilt, which is unfortunately only available to members of the Alliance.

The chestpiece appears differently on male and female characters, so we have included two pictures to illustrate this variation.

We’ve also included an alternative pair of shoulderpads, if those shown in the first picture are too bulky for your liking.

Brown Demon Hunter (Female picture):

HeadCursed Vision of Sargeras (BoP drop from Illidan Stormrage in Black Temple)
ShouldersShoulderpads of the Forgotten Gate (BoP drop from Baleroc in normal-mode Firelands)
ChestGrizzly Jerkin (BoE world drop)
WristsDaggercap Bracers (BoE world drop from Northrend zones/instances)
HandsInscribed Leather Gloves (BoE world drop)
WaistInscribed Leather Belt (BoE world drop)
LegsKurenai Kilt (Alliance only! BoP vendor purchase from Trader Narasu at revered reputation level with the Kurenai)
FeetProspector’s Boots (BoE world drop)

Dual-Wield One-Handed DaggersUnsharpened Ice Razor (BoE drop from trash mobs in any of the three Icecrown Citadel Frozen Halls instances on heroic-mode)

Alternatives (Male picture):

ShouldersShoulder of the Ogre-Nabber/Shoulder of the Ogre-Nabber (Quest reward from Ogre Abduction/Ogre Abduction in Feralas – Alliance/Horde versions)
ShirtWound Dressing (Vendor purchase from Angelique Butler in Dalaran)

If you’re a rogue, you can also use the normal Tier 12 Dark Phoenix Spaulders in place of the Shoulderpads of the Forgotten Gate.

Brown Demon Hunter I » Brown Demon Hunter 1 Player Gallery
Caelestes

~ by Noelani on June 27, 2012.

13 Responses to “Brown Demon Hunter I”

1. Kobool says:

Is there any suteble leggings for this set ? as a monk i feel kicking things in the face with a kilt isnt appropriate ;)

2. elrhodir says:

Kilt of the sewn flesh matches very well with the daggercap items. I use these myself on my druid.

3. Aladster says:

Hey i’ve got a set very similliar. how do i post screenshots?

4. Galathia says:

I mean no offence, but Night Elves are the only real Demon Hunters, and anything other than that would just look weird xD
    But yeah he’s right, Kilt of Sewn Flesh is the one horde can get that matches that set :3

• Maxilian says:

Not really, we have seen some BE Demon Hunters, also if you read about the Demon Hunters, it sais that everyone can be a Demon Hunter, but they would need a BE or NE master to teach them

• Hjarrand says:

imaturity on high levels. there is LOADS of puipils trying to become worthy of beign a demon hunter. but only few of them made it far enough. Galathia, read the lore, it is quite interesting really.

• Galathia says:

I didn’t mean it like that, i mean that night elves are really the only ones that look good as demon hunters, mostly because of Warcraft III :3

I know the lore, its the only reason i even play WoW xD Even though Blizzard have completely ruined the game with their rip off Kung Fu Panda expansion xD

Btw, does anyone know a slighty smaller variation of those bracers? I think my demon hunter looks a tad overgeared with those

I’m afraid there’s no smaller version of those bracers in particular, but you could try one of the following brown bracers with a small model:
        Furbolg Fur Bracers – Two other lookalikes available
        Vicious Wyrmhide Bracers – Easy to obtain

And remember that the addition of Pandaren to Warcraft III pre-dated the announcement of work on what would become Dreamworks’ Kung Fu Panda! The oriental aesthetics of Pandaria are hardly a far-removed extension from the initial inclusion of Brewmasters, so you could easily attribute the similarities to coincidence based on the cultural association and perceptions of the Giant Panda species.

• Galathia says:

I do realize that the brewmaster Chen pre-dates Kung Fu Panda, but the fact that Blizzard adds them AFTER the movie, that makes it a rip off.

Anywho, may i post my demon hunter set here? :D I would love to add something to this great site, since you guys have given me tons of inspiration and motivation to make gorgeous sets, such as: A night elf mage that looks like a Highborn. or.. a troll shaman that looks like a wotch-doctor from Warcraft III :D

Yep, you’re more than welcome to post your DH set here.

I’d normally have a lot more to say with regards to the Kung Fu Panda vs. Mists of Pandaria, primacy/originality debate, but in the interest of keeping this comment thread on topic, I’ll have to cut the conversation at this point.

5. Mill says:

I really like this but are there any horde versions of the kilt? If not are there any others anyone would recommend?

6. Sulfar says:

I think this set looks rather good for demon hunter it is good that we do not all look the same