Cadaverous Garb

Cadaverous Garb

Armor Type: Leather
Level Req.: 40 for Cadaverous items/55 with extras
Source: BoP instance drops
Availability: No longer obtainable

About the set:

All of the Cadaverous armor pieces were approximately 3% chance drops from the six penultimate bosses in the final wing of Scholomance; Doctor Theolen Krastinov, Lord Alexei Barov, Instructor Malicia, Lady Illucia Barov, The Ravenian and Lorekeeper Polkelt.

However, these items are no longer obtainable, following the Patch 5.0.4 update to Scholomance.

ChestCadaverous Armor
HandsCadaverous Gloves
WaistCadaverous Belt
LegsCadaverous Leggings
FeetCadaverous Walkers

ShouldersDemonic Runed Spaulders (BoP drop from Shadow Hunter Vosh’gajin in Lower Blackrock Spire, at a 23% drop rate)
ShirtWound Dressing (Vendor purchase from Angelique Butler in Dalaran, at the cost of 25 gold)
Dual-Wield DaggersBlade of the New Moon (BoP drop from Immol’thar in Dire Maul West, at a 20% drop rate)

~ by Noelani on March 5, 2012.

27 Responses to “Cadaverous Garb”

1. Poopy says:

Am I the only one who loves http://www.wowhead.com/item=9411 with this set?

2. Madrip says:

Looking for best one hand swords which can suit this set the best ? Expecting suggestions please…

3. Garetjaxx says:

I really wish Blizzard would have added shoulders and a headpiece to this set. It’s a very cool looking set. I am very proud of myself for farming this whole set before they took it out of the game. I personally don’t think any shoulders are a good mix for this set in game. Even the Demonic Runed Spaulders which I currently use since it is the recommended piece per this site. I do think it is probably the best shoulder piece to use though. If anyone knows of a better shoulder or head piece I would love to see their recommendation.

4. layersyon says:

i took a couple screen shots i hope to include of a low level pair of boots i got like these with different name, and i saw a low level with the whole set on 4/30/2013 , so i think their new names for each piece of the set in new locations.so no screen shot, but the name of the boots are : Spymistress’ Boots. look them up and try to relocate the set :D

I located your screenshot on Wowhead, and I’m sorry to say that the person you had targetted was a mage, and is as such wearing a cloth version of this set: Silver-Thread Armor. Aside from two pairs of boots, there aren’t any other available leather lookalikes for the Cadaverous Garb at the moment.

• Poramies says:

Hi,

Search for “Spymistress’ Boots”. Exact look a like for leather wearers. Murmur drops these at Shadow Labyrinth

Quoting my previous comment, “Aside from two pairs of boots, there aren’t any other available leather lookalikes for the Cadaverous Garb at the moment.”.

I’m well aware that the Spymistress’ Boots exist, along with the visually identical Nimble-Foot Treads. The point in my previous post is that, aside from those two, there’s nothing else leather which matches the set, which is what layersyon was seeking.

5. Zharkov@NesingwaryUS says:

Seems a shame Blizz got rid of this with patch, as I got it so my wife, a mage transmogged w/silver thread armor, and I can match. I spent a considerable amount of time researching and found no other leather sets with matching cloth sets. I have expedition shoulderguards, which have a matching cloth set of shoulders, and we both have black headbands, mine leather, hers cloth. Finally, I am N. Elf and she is Gnome, so we both have white-haired ponytail hairstyles. Quite striking, lol :)

6. […] see comments on the Wowhead link, but it wouldn’t necessary be easy. Leather: Cadaverous WoWRoleplayGear Link / Wowhead […]

7. KG says:

Be aware that with the release of Mists of Pandaria there will be major changes to Scholomance, including elimination of the minibosses who drop the pieces of this set.

8. bloodelfchick says:

i have this and i think it is pretty cool so anyone looking it getting it i think should not be disappointed
    in it

9. Gribba says:

Instead of Cadaverous Walkers for Feet you can use; Silver-Thread Boots (BoE low lvl drop) – Spidersilk Boots (Tailoring)

• Ironyca says:

If you only care about the looks, then yes. However, they are cloth and can’t be mogged by a leatherwearer.

10. Joán says:

I found that http://www.wowhead.com/item=35369 makes for a very good looking set of shoulders for this.

The red trim on the shoulders flow very well unto http://www.wowhead.com/item=29382 as well.

11. Chrth says:

A note on probabilities for those wondering how long it may take to farm the set:

3% for 6 bosses is roughly equivalent to a 12% chance (not 18%) for any given item to drop in a run – which isn’t much different from a typical drop rate for a boss item.

There’s roughly a 65% chance that you’ll have gotten the item after 8 clears of the 6 bosses, and in fact I got 4 of the 5 in 10 clears. Unfortunately that last item still hasn’t dropped for me after 20 clears. Not outside the realm of probability, but still a little unlucky.

But the clears are fast (and I always need to take a break because I get the “too many instances” message), and I figure most people will have gotten all five pieces with no more than 90 minutes time invested, which is pretty good compared to some of the other sets I’ve worked on.

Apologies on not showing my math but I swear you can trust me ;)

• Grace says:

Had to have run it at least 40 times and still haven’t gotten my last piece… Worst luck.

• Thor says:

My math:

100-3% = 97% chance of not dropping a given piece
      .97 ^ 6 = 83.3% chance of killing all 6 without that piece dropping.
      100-83.3% = 16.7% of your piece dopping per 6 boss clear.

8 clears of the 6 = 1-(.97^48) = 76.8% chance of the item dropping.

• Math passing Through says:

Further expansion d(^-^)z
        Statistic chances on drop (rounded) are:
        @3%
        0 drops 6_P_0 * 0.03^(0) * 0.97^(6) = ~83%
        1 drop 6_P_1 * 0.03^(1) * 0.97^(5) = ~15%
        2 drops 6_P_2 * 0.03^(2) * 0.97^(4) = ~02%
        3 drops 6_P_3 * 0.03^(3) * 0.97^(3) = ~00%
        4 drops 6_P_4 * 0.03^(4) * 0.97^(2) = ~00%
        5 drops 6_P_5 * 0.03^(5) * 0.97^(1) = ~00%
        6 drops 6_P_6 * 0.03^(6) * 0.97^(0) = ~00%

0 drops 48_P_0 * 0.03^(0) * 0.97^(48) = 23.18%
        1+ drop 100% – 23.18% = 76.82%

in the simplistic sense, your math was right.

12. Chrth says:

For those looking to farm these pieces, a note regarding Scholo:

You can skip all prior bosses and still access these six; doing so won’t get Darkmaster Gandling to spawn, but if you don’t care for anything he drops there’s no need for him to spawn anyway. If you have stealth (and you probably do) almost all of the trash can be avoided as well. A run in and out takes less than 10 minutes this way.

• Chrth says:

Some additional info:

From the bridge entrance, if you jump diagonally from the gap in the railing to the right, you will land pretty close to the door to the “Viewing Area”, this will bypass a ton of trash. Granted, you have to go through them on the way back, but it’s faster to the bosses.

For the top level bosses, I recommend saving the north one (I believe it’s Lorekeeper Polkelt) for last. There’s too much trash in there to avoid, and it’s full of potential reanimated corpses. As a Rogue, I Fan of Knives the adds down and then Vanish to reset aggro and go back into stealth. The other bosses you can pretty much avoid the trash, or they’re of the non-reanimating kind.

Regarding weapons, I prefer the idea of “Combat Knife”-style dagger than the one suggested. Broad-bladed Knife (http://www.wowhead.com/item=12247) and its lookalikes are the best bet, and look to be easily obtainable.

Finally, a comment regarding the “Antiseptic-Soaked Dressing”: I actually believe the picture displays the Wound Dressing (http://www.wowhead.com/item=44693) sold by the same vendor; the key difference is that the Antiseptic has soaked-through blood stains, while the Wound Dressing does not. Either works, it’s probably just a matter of personal preference.

• Joán says:

Fairly off-topic, but this was changed at some point during farming for my latest leather wearer – Darkmaster Gandling does now spawn from killing these 6 bosses.

13. Anna says:

Penultimate does not mean what you apparently think it does. Please dust off the ole’ dictionary or visit a dictionary web site.

According to Dictionary.com, “pe·nul·ti·mate [pi-nuhl-tuh-mit] adjective 1.next to the last

Being that Doctor Theolen Krastinov, Lord Alexei Barov, Instructor Malicia, Lady Illucia Barov, The Ravenian and Lorekeeper Polkelt are all interchangeable options as the second-to-last encounter in Scholomance, Darkmaster Gandling being ‘the ultimate’, I’d say that my use of the term was quite apt.

So, what’s your interpretation, Anna?

14. Draconargentum says:

It should be noted that one does not necessarily need to be lv80 to use all the extras–55 should be the minimum required for this full set, seeing as the shirt, though obtained in Dalaran, does not soulbind. Anyone can access it either through a mage portal or having an alt, friend or guildmate buy and mail it.

Thanks for the comment, I’ve fixed the error now. The level 80 requirement was actually not intended for the shirt at all, but rather for a pair of daggers we originally included. Unfortunately said daggers appear bugged in WoW Model Viewer, so we switched them out at the last minute, but apparently I forgot to update the level requirement.

I’m glad you picked up on the error, even if for a different reason than the real one!