Magma Plated Copy

Magma Plated Copy
Tier 11 Death Knight Copy

Source: BoP drops from Cataclysm raids/BoE drops/Vendors
Availability: Time consuming to farm and requires a full raid

This outfit is a non-class-specific copy of the item level 359 Death Knight Tier 11 sets, the Magma Plated Battlegear/Battlearmor, and is primarily obtained from Blackwing Descent and Bastion of Twilight, with several duplicates available from Throne of the Four Winds, vendors, and as world BoE drops.

It’s worth noting that there is no perfectly matching hand armor aside from the Death Knight tier gloves themselves.

HeadDaybreaker Helm (BoP from Valiona & Theralion in Bastion of Twilight, at a 14% drop rate)
HeadHelm of Maddening Whispers (BoP from Cho’gall in Bastion of Twilight, at a 19% drop rate)
ShouldersHeaving Plates of Protection (BoE drop from trash mobs within the Bastion of Twilight)
ChestIcebone Hauberk (BoE world drop from level 85+ creatures in Cataclysm zones/instances)
ChestBattleplate of Ancient Kings (BoP drop from Atramedes in Blackwing Descent, at a 19% drop rate)
WristsElectron Inductor Coils (BoP from Omnotron Defense System in Blackwing Descent, at a 19% drop rate)
WaistBelt of the Ferocious Wolf (BoP purchase from Provisioner Whitecloud at exalted reputation level with Guardians of Hyjal)
WaistSky Strider Belt (BoP from Conclave of Wind in Throne of the Four Winds, at a 19% drop rate)
WaistBelt of Absolute Zero (BoP from Maloriak in Blackwing Descent, at a 19% drop rate)
LegsLegguards of the Unseeing (BoP from Atramedes in Blackwing Descent, at a 13% drop rate)
LegsSky Strider Greaves (BoP contained within Heart of Wind after defeating Al’Akir in the Throne of the Four Winds, at a 9% drop rate)
FeetTreads of Savage Beatings (BoE random drop from within Blackwing Descent)
FeetMolten Tantrum Boots (BoP from Magmaw in Blackwing Descent, at a 7% drop rate)
FeetBoots of Sullen Rock (Horde only! BoP purchase from Grot Deathblow at exalted reputation level with Dragonmaw Clan)
FeetRock Furrow Boots (BoE vendor purchase at the cost of 1650 Justice Points)

Recolours (Death Knight-only):

~ by Noelani on February 7, 2012.

23 Responses to “Magma Plated Copy”

1. Ruckus says:

What Gloves to match with this? im a warrior an cant grab the DK Tier ones let me kno plz thanks!

2. Lattarian says:

Any ideas for a good tabard with this set? Also, if you’re looking for a good weapon, “Bryntroll, The Bone Arbiter” from Lord Marrowgar in ICC looks great with the set.

3. Quentonis says:

Probably a dumb question but you say the death knight tier gloves for the match any possible way you could link that specific tier gloves?

4. TwistaDex says:

If I look at the 3D view they are Blue like in the Picture but how do I get them in red/orange like the recolour armor? I dont’t think you can Change the Color of armor like in GW2 so how do I do that?

The orange version of this armor drops from heroic mode raids, whereas the blue set is from normal mode. The article for the orange set explains the source in greater detail.

5. Immer says:

How do i get this set easy as a 90 pvp dk?

6. Sairos says:

this would be awesome as a frost dk , kinda goes with the theme , well i know what im gonna be farming on my dude if i can get the guild to tag along with me lol :):):):)

7. Urkal says:

What are those gloves? Shows all but where to get those. -.-

8. Bhanshee says:

Awesome looking dual-wield swords for this set is Hailstorm from Malygos. I have my one-handers transmogged to look like Hailstorm and they look awesome!

9. The DK says:

Hello

Apperently it didnt take my first post ? :)

Is there a nice looking cloak for this set ?

Your first post got through just fine. I may have confused you though, as I approved your comment just a second or two after you posted it.
      Here’s a couple of potential cloaks for you:

- Mistscape Cloak – Light blue, simple model
      Spidersilk Drape – Medium blue, simple model
      Platinum Mesh Cloak – More detailed model than the above

I’ll remove your other comment once you’ve seen this :)

10. The DK says:

Hey

been looking around – is there any chance of a nice looking back/cloak for this set ? :)

11. Nalk says:

The Skull of Ruin and Slayer of the Lifeless would probably go well with this.

12. Zavora says:

This would look so badass with an abaddon

13. BurningStar says:

Any good 2h swords with this set?

14. Acidum says:

Hello, Fuucking epic gear :) love it + shadowmourne as a warrior. But i think its a fail because i can find the gloves on this site :/ and idk what to look after or what the gloves name is. And its not cool to have if, i dont got the gloves too please help me :) Please write to my mail or my skype Kakaohunden

thx alot:)