Transmogrification Blacklist

Here’s a brief list of items which are not transmogrifiable due to being considered ‘absurdities’, even though they fulfil most of the Transmogrification Rules.

The list will be extended as we discover more items. Feel free to comment on this article with any items which you have discovered to be un-transmogrifiable and we’ll add them to the categories below.

Cloth

Vile Fumigator’s Mask
X-52 Rocket Helmet
Don Carlos’ Famous Hat
The Twilight Trappings set – Twilight Cultist Cowl/Twilight Cultist Mantle/Twilight Cultist Robe
Hallowed Helm

Leather

Sandrene’s Invisible Vest (Alliance)/Sandrene’s Invisible Vest (Horde)

Weapons

Ta’Kierthan Songblade
Cookie’s Tenderizer
Barman Shanker/Direbrew’s Bloodied Shanker and other bottle models
Steelscale Crushfish/Rockhide Strongfish/Dark Herring – no fish models
Oggleflint’s Inspirer
Long Redwood Bow
Skycaller
Starfaller
Shadow’s Edge
Mug O’ Hurt

Sets

Level 60 Rare PvP Sets and Level 60 Epic PvP Sets may not be transmogrified unless you have the appropriate ranks from the old PvP system, and even then you have to buy replica versions of these sets to transmogrify the appearance, sold by vendors in Area 52, Netherstorm.

~ by Noelani on January 10, 2012.

Posted in Highlights.

34 Responses to “Transmogrification Blacklist”

1. Mike Enn says:

booo!!. Cuz i really want a fish weapon.. yes I am serious. just imagine the comments you’d get or just people who would see it and go “what the…?!”.. Cookies tenderizer is a good one too.. i loved having that on appropriate level-class toons..

2. Jordan says:

Fear and vengeance cannot be used for trans mog

3. Blasphemy says:

My Character has a gorgeous outfit that would go beautifully with the Don Carlos ‘Spanish style’ hat. No other hats/helms look anything near this good. Having this hat just to sit in your bank and click sometimes while bored is quite the disappointment. I’d love a feminine hat that looks like a Spanish lady’s hat.

Even NPCs wear it for Day of the Dead. I hope that like the [Macabre Marionette] this too will be available to players.

Another problem with transmog is the LFR gear. Sometimes we’d like an item in a specific color but once you level or if you are say a warrior who likes the look of a healer mace… you’re out of luck.

4. Gunny says:

Double barrel shotgun cant be used either, a nice looking blue

5. palthos says:

blood elf bandit mask is a no go.

6. Xd says:

I think that is so silly that they dont allow us to transm what we would like. At the end of the day why even bother with trans. You cannot really trans most of the cool things or fun ones. I really wanted Cookie Tenderizer for my pvp character.

7. Krystal says:

Theee Shadow’s Edge CAN be transmogged, my paladin has one Mogged to look like Stormedge from Ulduar. Not sure if Shadow’s Edge can be USED for Mog though

8. Aramastis says:

Sadly it looks like the Hallowed Helm can’t be used to transmogrify either – probably because it has no stats.

9. Tony says:

Theldurin’s Fist can be used for transmogging. I did it on my warrior and it worked. I’d show you if I have screenshot.

10. Töki says:

Skycaller, much like Starfaller, cannot be transmogrified either, if I”m not mistaken.

11. anoukiaae says:

I’ve seen through Mogit that the Silvermoon Robes (that drop off a rare mob in draenei starter zone) is not available for transmog, altough it has stats and is an uncommon (green) item. Can anyone confirm this?

12. Cheranne says:

I will like to not you CAN use bunny ears from easter to transmog select items.

Yep, it has +armor on it, so it’s technically eligible for being used in transmogrification. However, as it has no specific armor type, it can’t be used to transmog any combat items.

13. Pikkel says:

Haliscan Brimmed Hat?

Nope =( Cannot be used.

14. Mill says:

I wish blood elf bandit mask and the spring tuxedo set was transmoggable. Was going to transmog my head heirloom

15. Chrigel says:

The Spider-Splatter mace (the Pan with eggs in it) can not be used either.

16. Murlorc says:

Oggleflint’s Inspirer cannot be transmogged. :/

17. Mspan says:

The Long Redwood Bow cannot be used for transmogrification, either.

18. Neishkkah says:

Starfaller, the lovely blue wand cannot be used. I was incredibly sad.

19. Nivella says:

Like the vile fumigator’s mask, the forever lovely rose is also not transmoggable.

I left the rose out of this article as it has no armor type, which adheres to one of the core transmogrification rules set out by Blizzard. I’ve intended to reserve space on this page solely for items that are exceptions to the rules. Nevertheless thanks for the addition, it is true enough and unfortunate enough that the rose isn’t moggable!

20. MicTank says:

The Ta’Kierthan Songblade sadly cannot be used for transmogrification. Spent more gold than I care to admit to use that model on my fury warrior, only to be horribly disappointed by Blizzards stupid transmog rules.

What a bizarre choice on Blizzard’s part, especially since the Frost Tiger Blade using the same model is transmogrifiable. Thanks for the update.

• Hyst says:

This is because you have the rules wrong. The requirement is not that the item is uncommon or better, the rule is that the item must have stats. Why? Titans know. But I ran into the same issue with the Double Barreled Shotgun which set me back a needless 50g

21. Dylan-Dyra says:

BS!!!! I WANTED TO MAKE MY 85 VICIOUS LOOK LIKE THE 60 PVP GEAR

22. Vänquished says:

Mug O’ Hurt also not available.

23. Faesong says:

Shadow’s Edge cannot be transmogged as well. total BS.

24. Harrington says:

The Twilight Cultist pieces that drop in Silithus can’t be used :)

25. Pascal says:

Don Carlos’ famous hat cannot be used for transmogrification, either.