Dark Ranger I

Dark Ranger I

Armor Type: Leather (Mail shoulders)
Source: BoE drops
Availability: Time consuming to gather

About the set:

This version of a Dark Ranger is based loosely upon Dark Ranger Clea in Undercity, whom we have included a picture of at the bottom of this article. Note that Clea does not wear any shoulderpads, although we have included a couple of fitting options for this armor slot anyway.

HeadCowl of Defiance (Drops from Netherspite, in Karazhan at an 18% drop chance)
ShouldersMistshroud Shoulders (Drops from Ethereum Prisoner, in Blade’s Edge Mountains)
BackMaster’s Cloak (BoE world drop)
ChestTunic of Assassination (Drops from Pathaleon the Calculator, the final boss of The Mechanar. The drop chance is 13-14% in both Normal and Heroic modes)
WristsNightfall Wristguards (Drops from Heroic Epoch Hunter in Old Hillsbrad Foothills. The drop chance is 20%)
GlovesHandgrips of Assassination (Drops from Aeonus, in Normal and Heroic versions of The Black Morass. The drop chance is 15%)
WaistGirdle of the Deathdealer (Drops from Heroic Aeonus in Black Morass. The drop chance is 15%)
LegsLeggings of Assassination (Drops from Normal and Heroic Murmur in Shadow Labyrinth. The drop chance is 10%)
FeetShadowstep Striders (Drops from Heroic Harbinger Skyriss in Arcatraz. The drop chance is 26%)

Dual-Wielded One-Handed SwordWidow Blade (BoE world drop)

The following shoulders also fit the appearance rather well and provide a leather alternative to the above:
ShouldersShoulderpads of Assassination (Drops from Talon King Ikiss, in both Normal and Heroic modes of Sethekk Halls. The drop rate is between 12-14%)

The real Dark Ranger Clea can be seen in the image to the right.

~ by Noelani on September 9, 2011.

36 Responses to “Dark Ranger I”

1. Silent says:

Is it possible to post a set for hunters (mail only)?
    I would prefer a Dark Ranger Set on a Hunter rather than a rogue, monk or druid

2. kill? says:

hey is there any leather shoulders that will go with this set?

3. Adinar says:

Personally I am planning on using Bristleblitz Striker

Looks like something Sylvanas would carry. I think it looks perfect.

4. Fein says:

Hey this is rly nice set! i finally finded cool Dark Ranger set thank u very much taked big time to aquire it but i finally had nice set for RP ^^

5. Peregrine says:

Any suggestions for an accompanying bow? It is a dark RANGER, after all! :)

6. Firewater says:

To start with, some useful info: A good set of leather shoulders that match any black rogue look are the Cloaked Shoulderpads. BoE reward for turning in a swords darkmoon deck. Simple, non-gaudy, and black.

I almost have this completed for my rogue. Only missing the helm (minor issue, i’m perfectly happy with wicked leather headband, and hope to get the Illidan blindfold someday), belt (also minor issue, i found a decent black belt), and bracers, which are pointless.
    Took me 31 fcuking kills of Murmur to get the damn legs though. Never going back in there.

Cloaked Hood and Nightsky Cowl both make more fitting hoods (not sure if someone already said this yet…)

Here are the links:

• anon says:

i disagree, i think that the face-hiding quality of this mask adds to the mysteriousness of the set, in a way that your suggestions don’t. i still very much like your suggestions, but i think the dark ranger title is a little more sinister, and demands a slightly more evil head piece

8. Blunderbuss says:

The swords of necromancy are no longer available ingame….

Anything else that would fit a dark ranger?
    And maybe a gun with it :P

9. nâvî says:

nice sword drops in H slave pen,i think it looks more like what the dark rangers use but is a pain to get cause of the drop rate

Its the Bloodfang set, rogue T2, one sword drops from Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair, the other is now unobtainable because the AQ opening quest is gone.

Can you make a second (maybe easier) set to accquire? thanks in advance

12. Sabri says:

Hiya, I am looking into making a ninja set. In anyone’s opinion, would this be the closest thing to one or would there be another set anyone could recommend, thanks!

13. Michelle says:

I found it, the Hateful Gladiator’s set! This set looks close to what a dark ranger looks like.

14. Michelle says:

that outfit reminds me of video the Machinima presented titled, “Craft of War: BLIND” here’s the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCwmG7XYKp8 except it’s more red. Check it out if you haven’t already seen it.

Also there is a pvp set that looks very eerily close to the dark ranger look. I forget the name but I will comment again when I find t out. I read that pvp is on your to-do list so no rush, you have alot you’re working on :) keep up the good work.

15. Xarrie says:

is there anyway you could explain how to find Kormok? I am having difficulty and there is nothing in the way of info on WoWhead, etc.

It appears that the means to summon this NPC was removed along with the other things affiliated with the Dungeon Set 1 upgrading process. We’ll hunt for an alternative and update accordingly.

16. Brocksley says:

I wish there were a way to do a Dark Ranger with all mail for transmogging.

17. anemyte says:

awesome

18. S says:

I really love the shoulders on this set. Would you be able to elaborate on how to get them? I’m a little confused on the mob that drops them, there’s no info on WoWhead. Thanks!

Hey there, I’m soon to post a full guide on how to get the Mistshroud set actually, as it’s probably one of the most complex to obtain in the game and one of my personal sets of choice, but i’ll do my best to create a personal shoulder guide for you below:

1. You need revered reputation with Consortium faction. Here’s some suggestions for how to go about it:

1a. First step is to go to Netherstorm and so some quests for Commander Ameer. The quests give rep and even more importantly are pre-requisites for the quests which allow you to get the shoulders.

1b. Completing A Mission of Mercy allows you to collect Ethereum Prison Keys, which matters for later. Be sure to complete Ethereum Secrets too.

1c. If you still need rep, consider farming Mana-Tombs. If you’re 85, it’s possible to clear the heroic version of the instance without killing bosses, then running out, resetting and repeating. You get about 1800 rep per run this way, as well as an average of 5 prison keys per run.

2. Once revered, you need to complete another quest for Ameer, A Thousand Worlds, as well as the follow up Stasis Chambers of Bash’ir.

3. Finally, at this point, the Image of Commander Ameer in Blade’s Edge Mountains should give you the quest Purging the Chambers of Bash’ir. The quest requires you to hand over 5 prison keys, in return for which you receive a key to open the nearby pink bubble prisons in Blade’s Edge. Upon opening the prison, one of four different creatures will spawn. One of these, Gorgolon the All-seeing has what I believe to be a 100% chance to drop the Mistshroud Shoulders.

It sounds like a really long-winded process and it does indeed take time if you’re not already revered with the Consortium. Expect to be using a lot of keys too, unless you are very lucky and spawn Gorgolon first (it took me 6 summons on my hunter, 30 keys, before he appeared for me), But remember that you can buy keys on the AH, as they don’t bind when picked up.
      I hope this made some sense to you! If you have any more queries or a need for clarification, don’t hesitate to ask more.