Kirin Tor Mage

Kirin Tor Mage

Armor Type: Cloth
Source: BoE world drops, tailoring, vendors
Availability: Easy to get

The fundamental parts of this outfit, the robe, hat and tabard, are very easy to obtain; the former being crafted by tailors of 135+ skill, as a vendor trained recipe, the latter two are vendor purchases from Dalaran. The only hitch is that the tabard requires Kirin Tor – Friendly reputation to buy, which means that your character would have to be of Northrend level in order to get the appropriate reputation gain.

There is one exception to this, however, all mages automatically start at level 1 as friendly with the Kirin Tor. As such, if a mage is able to get to Dalaran, they can buy the tabard at any time.

Both the shoulders and belt are BoE world drops, which means you may have some issues finding them. The best option is to frequently scan the Auction House and keep your fingers crossed, but other purple and yellow themed items can fill the part if you’re not so lucky.

HeadViolet Hat (Vendor purchase from Chameli Banaphash in Dalaran)
ShouldersBright Mantle (BoE world drop from creatures in the 20-30 level range)
ChestLesser Wizard’s Robe (Created by tailors of 135 skill or more)
WaistGossamer Belt (BoE world drop from creatures in the 40-50 level range)
FeetKirin Tor Initiate’s Sandals (A reward for the quest Atop the Woodlands (Alliance)/Atop the Woodlands (Horde) in Dragonblight)
TabardTabard of the Kirin Tor (Purchased from Archmage Alvareaux in Dalaran, at Friendly reputation the the Kirin Tor)
CloakBaba’s Cloak of Arcanistry (Drop from Pathaleon the Calculator in normal and heroic Mechanar, at a 15% drop rate)

~ by Noelani on May 16, 2011.

7 Responses to “Kirin Tor Mage”

1. Brion says:

here’s the armory for my mage. I think this is an almost perfect match for the Kirin Tor.

2. TJkroz says:

The Regal Wizard Hat matches and can be used for mog.

3. Michael Lindsay says:

Hi! I love all of your sets but I wanted to let you know that the Violet Hat is not able to be transmoged. I just re-read it and realized you probably didn’t mean for these sets to be transmoged. So if that is the case then this will let others know like me who try to transmog it! :)

The majority of outfits in the “Characters” section are not transmogrifiable, and as you rightly pointed out, were never intended to be transmogged. In this case, the article was written several months before transmogrification was even announced.

Here are some transmogrifiable versions of the hat for you, both are BoE world drops:
      Darkmist Wizard Hat
      Regal Wizard Hat

• Michael Lindsay says:

Thank you so much! I wasn’t even expecting to find a hat that I could use! It’s good that I mentioned I was not sure if it was supposed to be all transmogged.

4. Sirg says:

I have a better look-alike on a level 29 mage that I kept as my banker.

He has almost the same gear, but better looking shoulders, check the Elder Wizard’s Mantle

I also have something else for the waist, (can’t remember the name now) but is similar looking and has a light blue gem on it.

• ironyca says:

I’m not sure I understand, the Elder Wizard’s mantle requires level 51, but you’re 29? But anyways, there are many alternatives for shoulders that match the set, fx also Mystical Mantle, which looks like Elder Wizard’s mantle, but might be easier to get.
      We decided to keep this article fairly simple, but Kirina has made a great article showing off many viable sets if you want emulate Kirin Tor affiliation: http://wowrpc.waddellconsulting.com/?page_id=3194