Bold Armor

Bold Armor
Warrior Dungeon Set 3

Source: BoP boss drops from normal and heroic Outland dungeons
Availability: Time consuming to farm, but soloable by high level characters

The 5 pieces of the Bold Armor are from normal and heroic level 70 Outland dungeons. The farming process is easily soloable by a level 85 character, but it is potentially very time consuming to gather the entire set, due to daily heroic lockouts.

Also available are two Outland heroic epic items which, although not technically part of the Bold Armor, match the appearance of the set. There were originally matching epic bracers too, on TBC Beta, but they never made it into the live version of the game.

HeadWarhelm of the Bold (BoP from Warp Splinter in Normal and Heroic Botanica)
ShouldersShoulderguards of the Bold (BoP from Murmur in Normal and Heroic Shadow Labyrinth)
ChestBreastplate of the Bold (BoP from Harbinger Skyriss in Normal and Heroic Arcatraz)
GlovesGauntlets of the Bold (BoP from Warlord Kalithresh in Normal and Heroic Steamvault)
LegsLegplates of the Bold (BoP from Aeonus in Normal and Heroic Black Morass)

WaistLion’s Heart Girdle (BoP from the Reinforced Fel Iron Chest in Heroic Ramparts, after defeating Nazan and Vazruden)
FeetEaglecrest Warboots (BoP from Keli’dan the Breaker in Heroic Blood Furnace)

~ by Noelani on May 8, 2011.

21 Responses to “Bold Armor”

1. eZeKe984 says:

I have this x-mogged to my pally all the time. I can’t play him otherwise.

I use Ghostly Battle Axe for a weapon when in Ret spec.

I use Quickening Blade of the Prince with either Modani War-Shield or Royal Crest of Lordaeron when in Prot spec.

For a cloak I use Arcane Cloak which matched perfectly.

Hope this helps with people wanting to have an awesome matching set!! Cheers!

2. borinir says:

is there any other possible way ti get the legs or something similiar? been trying forever but just wont drop! hah

3. Jolimi says:

Any good 2H swords to this set?

4. Lendrallen says:

Anyone know a good 1h weapon for this set (Duel wielding)?

5. blindchezz says:

The legs are not dropping for me >.< I've been farming for about 10 hours now.

6. Zenkai says:

Anyone know of a good cloak to go with this set?

7. bigboy says:

i think the hell boar carving blade u get from that quest in hellfire penninsula works good with it

8. Ezeke says:

Does anyone know of a good two-handed weapon for this set?? I just got the whole set and I found a one-handed sword and shield combo that goes great. I just need a two-handed weapon that goes with it so I can look cool when I’m in my Retribution spec as well as my Protection. Thanks!

9. Cuthbert says:

Royal Crest of Lordaeron from Culling of Stratholme goes well with this set as well as Lord General’s Sword from BRD.

10. Chrth says:

Anyone know of a shield that matches this set?

• Helvete says:

Azure Shield of Coldarra might fit well, the colours are similar, I haven’t tried it out, but from memory its the nearest I’ve seen to this set.

11. Sentacursa says:

Death-Inured Sabatons < Same boots model.. exact same color.. just by rep vendor if ur not lucky with the drops.

Currently the helm on this set is colored like the Doomplate set. I’ve ticketed it but heard nothing in reply.

• Kazz says:

I have been farming the bold set and finally got the helm this weekend. It appears that it has been returned to its proper coloring.