Arcanist Recolour

Arcanist Recolour
Tier 1 Mage Lookalike

Armor Type: Cloth
Source: BoP boss drops from normal and heroic Outland dungeons
Availability: Time consuming to farm, but soloable by high level characters

The items in the Arcanist recolour set are from level 70 normal and heroic dungeons. The farming process is easily soloable by a level 85 character, but it is potentially very time consuming to gather the entire set, due to daily heroic lockouts.

Note: The headpiece for this set is currently bugged on Worgens and Goblins, appearing in a purple colouration like the original Arcanist Crown.

HeadMage-Collar of the Firestorm (BoP from The Maker in Heroic Blood Furnace)
ShouldersMindrage Pauldrons (BoP from Pandemonius in Heroic Mana-Tombs)
ChestBloodfyre Robes of Annihilation (BoP from the Cache of the Legion, once you have defeated the Gatekeepers in Normal and Heroic Mechanar)
WristsArcanium Signet Bands (BoP from Hungarfen in Heroic Underbog)
GlovesJaedenfire Gloves of Annihilation (BoP from Ambassador Hellmaw in Normal and Heroic Shadow Labyrinth)
WaistMage-Fury Girdle (BoP from Quagmirran in Heroic Slave Pens)
LegsAran’s Sorcerous Slacks (BoP from Lieutenant Drake in Heroic Old Hillsbrad Foothills)
FeetEmbroidered Spellfyre Boots (BoP from Broggok in Heroic Blood Furnace)

StaffSun-Infused Focus Staff (BoP from Kael’Thas Sunstrider in normal mode Magisters’ Terrace)

Arcanist Recolour » Arcanist Recolour Player Gallery
Frakker
Frakker

~ by Noelani on May 8, 2011.

21 Responses to “Arcanist Recolour”

1. Marezz says:

I got this set for my destuction warlock and decided to pair it with the Blade of retribution (sword) and the Hellfire Tome (book offhand, crafted by scribes).

2. Aronor says:

This is the perfect set for a Blood Elf Mage, male or female, especially if said Mage is a Fire Mage. I am farming this set for my Mage, and have had little luck finding the shoulders so far. I have found that the world drop green quality BoE shoulders called the Embersilk Mantle (http://www.wowhead.com/item=14232) make a suitable temporary replacement. Also, as I felt the set’s gloves didn’t match the set well enough, I am using tailoring crafted Heavy Linen Gloves (http://www.wowhead.com/item=4307).

3. Dave says:

im currently gathering the set and ive chosen a better staff, it matches the set quite well i think

4. sadkiller says:

hello i managed to gather the set but i want to mtranmorph my pvp set and that set of mine dosent include a staff but a dagger and a off-hand(flametongue seal) wich is on the right clour with the set but now im looking for a dagger maybe a little help?plz im begging

5. Valariala says:

For Horde players seeking a cloak xmog, I recommend the ones associated with the Silvermoon City rep vendors.

6. Helvete says:

For the shoulders Bloodwoven Pads match the robe much better.

• Helvete says:

I just want to add, for higher level magi, The current suggested staff (in my opinion) looks horrible with power torrent.

Also, to save a little time farming MT for it, You can do a short questline in Ghostlands, culmunating in this given as a reward choice. (unless you have completed it already.)

Just follow the link and select same model as for details.

7. Katiria says:

Are there any other pieces of gear to match the robe? It’s very hectic, seeing as you can only get one run of the heroics per day. Also, I hate the staff D:

• Katiria says:

Also … is there no cloak? D:

• Daltoro says:

A good cloak to match this set that I found is Battleforge Cloak. Its a low lvl green, I got it from the Auction House so it must be pretty easy to get.

The staff is only a suggestion, it’s not mandatory.

• Katiria says:

Thank you. I just got the robe yesterday! Problem is, the rest of the gear is just SO hectic :p. I’m going to get the shoulders, head, and maybe waist. The rest doesn’t really matter to me for RP.

If you are particularly seeking a matching cloak we can have a look for you, but there isn’t an ‘official’ one for the set. It is indeed a long process to gather all of the bits, but hopefully the effort will be worth it in the end, to have an unusual look. Oh and at least it’s not from a raid with a week long lockout!

8. undines says:

where do i get the wings you see in the pic. I’m assuming its a cloak.

9. Lina says:

I decided to get this set for my second warlock and I managed to get the Mage-Collar on my first kill but it has more of a purple/fuschia color to it opposed to the red in the screenshot. Did blizzard happen to recolor it at some point?

Is the colouration you found like the original Arcanist Crown? I can’t say I’ve found any evidence of the Mage-Collar being changed, at least it’s not visible on Wowhead and Model Viewer.

• Lina says:

Yes, it has the coloring of the mage Tier 1, whats odd is I am logged onto a human at the moment and the coloring is correct now, but on my goblin it isn’t. Bug with goblins perhaps?

You’re right, I just tested it in model viewer and sure enough the Mage-Collar appears purple on both Goblins and Worgens, but not any other race. Interesting, I’ll make a note of it in the article.

The rest of the set does seem to colour correctly at least.

10. Pent says:

What staff is that in the picture?