Dragonstalker Recolour

Dragonstalker Recolour
Tier 2 Hunter Lookalike

Armor Type: Mail
Source: BoP boss drops from normal and heroic Outland dungeons
Availability: Time consuming to farm, but soloable by high level characters

All of the items in the Dragonstalker recolor set are from level 70 normal and heroic dungeons. The farming process is easily soloable by a level 85 character, but it is potentially very time consuming to gather the entire set, due to daily heroic lockouts.

HeadDream-Wing Helm (BoP from Ambassador Hellmaw in Normal and Heroic Shadow Labyrinth)
ShouldersWyrmfury Pauldrons (BoP from Epoch Hunter in Heroic Old Hillsbrad Foothills)
ChestShard Encrusted Breastplate (BoP from Tavarok in Heroic Mana-Tombs)
WristsEmerald Eye Bracer (BoP from Keli’dan the Breaker in Heroic Blood Furnace)
GlovesHungarhide Gauntlets (BoP from Hungarfen in Heroic Underbog)
WaistArchery Belt of the Broken (BoP from Mennu the Betrayer in Heroic Slave Pens)
LegsEmerald-Scale Greaves (BoP from Captain Skarloc in Heroic Old Hillsbrad Foothills)
FeetSky-Hunter Swift Boots (BoP from Darkweaver Syth in Normal and Heroic Sethekk Halls)

~ by Noelani on May 6, 2011.

15 Responses to “Dragonstalker Recolour”

1. Fangmaw says:

I personally like the “Irontree” polearms that are random data green drops or the “Reaver of the Infinites” from Heroic Epoch Hunter.

I also like the “Hemet’s Trophy Gun” from the Sholazar final quest of Nessingwary quest chain.

This site has been very useful, and I especially liked the help finding matching pieces for mage’s “Robes of the Guardian Saint”. Keep doing what you’re doing man!

2. Potaytoes says:

This is a great set to get! A couple of items to round it out:

Back: Farstrider’s Defenders Cloak (Vendor in Shatt)
    Bow: Starbolt Longbow (Heroic Mana Tombs)

3. Ravenyes says:

I have almost the entire set just need the chest piece to drop. Been trying for a week now and still no luck. When looking for a Polararm to match the set I found that Ruthless Gladiators Pike matchs the set perfectly.

4. Jules says:

I have this set on my female blood elf hunter. I use Brutal Gladiator’s Longbow as her weapon and Dory’s Embrace as her cloak. I’m still looking for a good staves or polearms to match, so for the time being I use Terokk’s Shadowstaff.

5. TJ says:

Recently moved a Hunter cross-realm and changed to Dwarf Male, which I really like this set for. Any suggestions on Gun or xbow and Polearm for this set? Would really like the polearm to be a close match and not just the green trident. Best gun I have found is Hemit’s Trophy Gun, but that quest chain is so convoluted I can’t peel it apart to figure out the path to completion.

6. Koko says:

Hey.

First I must say this is great site! Well done.
    I was looking for a cloak to match this set and havent found anything good enough. Any ideas?

First sorry for my bad english,

I have to say that this site is so awesome, I have spent hours of searching the best outfit for my chars for the upcoming patch 4.3!
    I hope you keep this updated for a long time!

8. Thanks for the guide! Any ideas about polearm/staff and ranged (bow/gun/crossbow) weapon which look good with this set?

Looks like the gloves and boots match. the pants, shoulders and tunic match…color wise i mean.

10. supervillian says:

the boots just… don’t… quite look right… anyone else notice? i think they’re not quite red enough.

Yeah they’re too brown, not enough red or green. They’re most certainly the matching model, so it’s rather a shame the colouration isn’t so perfect.

There is an orange recolour version of at least the shoulders from kara.

Just one thing – Tavarok doesn’t drop the breastplate on Normal difficulty, only Heroic. Ran it a few times before I figured this out.

Thanks for pointing that out, it was a copy/paste error on my part. Sorry to have led you on a wild chest-piece chase.