Vanguard Set

Vanguard Set

Source: BoE world drops
Availability: Check the auction house regularly

Due to the Vanguard items being world drop BoE’s, the Auction House is your best chance for picking up the pieces.

This set looks very different on female characters, see the additional picture below.

ChestVanguard Breastplate (BoE world drop)
GlovesVanguard Gauntlets (BoE world drop)
WristsVanguard Vambraces (BoE world drop)
WaistVanguard Girdle (BoE world drop)
LegsVanguard Legplates (BoE world drop)
FeetVanguard Sabatons (BoE world drop)

HeadForeman’s Head Protector (BoP drop from Fineous Darkvire in Blackrock Depths)
ShouldersPauldrons of Edward the Odd/Burden of Mortality (BoE world drop from Cataclysm zones/BoP drop from Chimaeron in Blackwing Descent. For another alternative, Paladin T11 shoulders share the same model.)
One-Hand SwordCrusader’s Glory (BoP drop from Anub’arak in Trial of the Crusader 10)
ShieldRoyal Crest of Lordaeron (BoP contained within Dark Runed Chest after defeating Mal’Ganis in heroic Culling of Stratholme)

~ by Noelani on January 3, 2011.

21 Responses to “Vanguard Set”

1. Enst says:

I give up trying to get this transmog. The legs and chest are the only pieces left for me, but people insist on putting them on AH for 35k each. I’m not giving those scumbags that kind of money. Will continue to farm AQ20 seldomly but other than that I’ll look elsewhere for a plate transmog.

2. Darkclaymore says:

I found the leggings in aq20

Has anyone found anymore peices plz shoot me some whereabouts

• Jeremaiah says:

What mob did they drop from? I have farmed AQ20 repeatedly and have had no luck, nor does wowhead indicate there’s a drop in there for leggings.

The leggings of this set is driving me crazy, it’s been the worst drop rate I’ve ever experienced, even windchanneller’s was an easier mog to farm.

As far as other pieces, I found the chest in AQ40 for alliance, I got it as quest reward on horde, the other pieces I got from AH, and not all were expensive, some players think their just “greens” and price accordingly. Savvy players have em up for about 1000 per item on average, which I gladly paid because farming this makes me want to scream!

• Kungpewpew says:

This set does not make me scream! infact the breastplate and gauntlets dropped the first time I played it!! AQ20 or AQ40 work best! But I farmed by myself, which works best. I also farm on a low pop server, which helps my chances a lot! While farming for this set, I have also` earned the robes of insight, Robes of the Shifting sands and more! Farming is a blst for me, but I think its just beginners luck… I don’t know but tell me what you thank! Happy farming!

3. Lalala says:

Swords that match (or similar) are Darkened Broadsword, Aesir’s Edge, Abaddon, Quantum Blade, Trollish Destroyer, and Bladefist Greatsword.

4. Ivalice says:

I can confirm, at the present date, that the sabatons drops from the rare Setis (the one standing right in front of the raids in Silithus. I brought everything else (apart from chest and boots) from the AH of our server (Azralon, where we are basically 85% of horde players). That is of course, after almost 5 months checking the AH. The legs, which imo is the most rare piece to find, I spent 8.5k.

5. wowitsrob says:

Still looking to get a hold of this set but sadly I haven’t seen it on the ah in quite some time. I have been farming this set for weeks but it seems as if this armor has completely disappeared! Any knowledge that this set is still in-game and where.would be much appreciated thank you

6. Snow Dog says:

The drop rate is depressingly low, took me forever to collect this set even thru the auction house, and even then I made some substitutions… Warrior’s Embrace for the chest (boss drop from Shade of Hakkar, Sunken Temple) Conqueror’s Girdle for the waist (green item found on AH, a thin gold belt) and Sapphiron’s Scale Boots. Still watching for the chest, as Warrior’s Embrace is a little darker blue and doesn’t have the gold embellishment.

7. Dess says:

I got the Vanguard Chest Look alike through a quest. Same think only called Nether Protector’s Chest. There’s a couple short quests to get it in Blade’s Edge mountains. The quest giver is Leoroxx or something like that. I’m trying to find other look alikes for the rest, but not having much luck.

8. Thummum says:

If you are alliance and want a little something to cover your back, get Mori’s Cloak from the quest The Lost Pilot in Dun Morogh.

9. Kaiserin says:

Anyone know an alternate for the gloves? Was sure there was another pair with the same colors/model that comes from a quest.. x.x

10. Aurora Nova says:

I had this entire outfit on my paladin at-level.
    * I highly recommend ignoring the Vanguard Headdress.
    * The Vanguard Pauldrons work fine, but the Breastplate does already come with texture that covers the shoulders
    * If you’re not a fan of flared boots, or are having difficulties getting ahold of the Vanguard Sabatons, consider the slim Sapphiron’s Scal Boots. They have the same color palette as the rest of the Vanguard, matching quite well.
    * If you find yourself uncomfortable with how many stares your female toon is getting while wearing this, consider a Stylish Blue Shirt. It wont help cover your behind, but it will deäccentuate the skimpiness of the Breastplate, and its blue matches perfectly with the rest of the outfit.