Scarlet Wizard

Scarlet Wizard

Armor Type: Cloth
Source: Boss drop, quest reward, BoE tailored item
Availability: The set is overall easily available, with the robe being the only challenging piece to obtain

This set is comprised of one boss drop from Stratholme, a drop from Scarlet Monastery, a quest reward from Shadowmoon Valley, and a tailored robe. The recipe for the robe requires Honored reputation with The Thorium Brotherhood faction, so you will most likely need to find a tailor who raided in Molten Core in order to have this item crafted. There is an alternative to the robe, sharing the same appearance, which requires level 70 to wear instead. Check the link below for more details.

The original headpiece for the set, Whitemane’s Chapeau, is no longer obtainable following the Patch 5.0.4 changes to Scarlet Monastery. However, there is a normal mode only replacement for it, named Whitemane’s Embroidered Chapeau. There is also an alternative in Shadowmoon Valley.

This set is an attempt to mimic some of the mobs in Scarlet Monastery. This is primarily meant as inspiration, just remember – whenever you’re trying to gather a scarlet set, go red!

Head – Ata’mal Crown (Quest reward from Reclaiming Holy Grounds for Aldor and The Great Retribution for Scryers, in Shadowmoon Valley)
Head – Whitemane’s Embroidered Chapeau (BoP drop from High Inquisitor Whitemane/Commander Durand in normal mode Scarlet Monastery)
Shoulders – Mantle of the Scarlet Crusade (BoP from Cannon Master Willey in Stratholme – Scarlet Side, at a 27% drop chance)
Chest – Flarecore Robe (BoE item, created via Pattern: Flarecore Robe, by Tailors)

~ by Noelani on November 13, 2010.

10 Responses to “Scarlet Wizard”

1. Serdiua says:

I made my own version of this set out of the following:

-Ata’mal Crown (Head)
    -Nether Guards (Shoulder)
    -Phoenix Wing Cloak
    -Robe of Power (That item was the whole reason I started the set, lol)
    -Gloves of the High Magus
    -Serenity Belt
    -Rod of Blazing Light (Staff)

I worked on my Loremaster title so many pieces are from quests (I looked up the fitting pieces on this site beforehand). Even if you can’t do the quests anymore, their are pieces that have the same look but can be found as drops. Personally, I think its a really neat red-white-gold classic outfit.

2. Alixstar says:

This may not be true, but I heard that the non-heroic version of Whitemane’s Embroidered Chapeau still has the look from Whitemane’s Chapeau.

You’re quite right, Whitemane’s Embroidered Chapeau does now match the appearance of the original. When MoP was released it looked different, but this has since been remedied. I’ve updated the article accordingly!

3. picasso4life says:

What hats could one use for this set? I’d so like a cylindrical hat like the one the bishop wears in the end time instance. Preferably red. While having a vague memory of seeing that somewhere, I don’t think there is an option for players to use.

Archbishop Landgren is probably the NPC you’re thinking of with a red mitre, and as you rightly said, that particular model isn’t available to players.

If you’re a horde priest, this headpiece will become available with Patch 5.2. It’s not the same sort of red as the other pieces used by our Scarlet Wizard, but stylistically speaking it’s about right for the bishop style. Alliance get a gold version and the elite set shared by both factions is brown-ish. Priest T14 sets also having a similar style, but again, not the right colours.

Style aside, there are very few red cloth headpieces out there, and although there are quite a few grey helms, most of them are hoods. The Red Pointy Hat works well enough in colour, but that still doesn’t fit so well with regards to your cylindrical headpiece wishes.

4. Zumtera says:

I use Whiteout Staff together with this set. Which can get bought from the Frostwolf/Stormpike vendor in Alterac Mountain for 60 honor.

Also, Historian’s Sash from a quest in the Hour of Twilight runs fits very well together to this set.

5. Helibron says:

what gloves, cape, and boots are recommended?

6. Leiyan says:

Love this set! Using it for my mage. =D I found that for a belt the “Silver-Thread Sash” looks pretty good. Came upon it randomly browsing the AH.

Got matching Infernoweave boots from Shattrath too!

can anyone let know know of a belt that goes with this set?
    i’ve got all these and a nice pair of gloves that match the red nicely enough but i still have the stupid crafted lvl 85 belt that looks like my B-Elf priest, female, is wearing a diaper