The Glimmering Set

The Glimmering Set

Armor Type: Mail
Level Req.: 26 for Glimmering pieces/68 with extras
Source: BoE world drops
Availability: The auction house is the best place

As all of the Glimmering items are BoE world drops, your best hope is to search the Auction House in order to find them.

Shoulders – Glimmering Mail Pauldrons (BoE world drop)
Chest – Glimmering Mail Breastplate (BoE world drop)
Gloves – Glimmering Mail Gauntlets (BoE world drop)
Waist – Glimmering Mail Girdle (BoE world drop)
Legs – Glimmering Mail Legguards (BoE world drop)
Feet – Glimmering Mail Greaves (BoE world drop)

Shirt – Bright Yellow Shirt (Crafted by most tailors)
Back – Insignia Cloak (BoE world drop)
Bow – Skyfire Hawk-Bow (BoP drop from Warbringer O’mrogg in normal and heroic mode Shattered Halls)

Recolors:

The Glimmering Set » Glimmering Player Gallery
Ayamê
Ayamê

~ by Noelani on October 18, 2010.

7 Responses to “The Glimmering Set”

1. Christiane says:

An alternate bow could be Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix off of Prince Melchazar in Karazhan.

2. Shaolyn says:

I do a hybrid of the gloves and boots from battleforge and the glimmering outfit

I really would love to add [Crown of Flame] to my transmog, but being a level 68ish hunter makes that pretty hard. Maybe come Pandaria ;)

3. Aganor says:

Very, VERY low drop-rates on this stuff. The AH is a good place to look, but some prices are whacked – 1k per item.

I’ll pass before I spend that kind of cash on a “look”.

That’s pretty much the normal price for any of the more desirable BoE greens on my home realm! They are indeed really rare, there’s only a few examples of BoE sets that can be farmed in specific locations, and even then it’s a huge time investment trying to do so. Best option is to keep camping the AH and hoping for a better price some day.

• Shaolyn says:

He/She is actually right. Lot of buyers and low drop rate. Makes it kinda cruel on anyone leveling up a character… sometimes you can get lucky and find it at low cost or get it as a drop while farming.
        Best of luck.

4. Shewolf says:

Anyone know a good polearm weapon to match this set? I’m using Tidebreaker Trident http://www.wowhead.com/item=37461 but I’m not really liking it. Thanks :)

5. Ocyla says:

Got two shimmering legguards during SM runs today