Harrison Jones

Harrison Jones

Armor Type: Cloth
Source: Mostly BoE world drops of common and uncommon quality
Availability: Most pieces easy to obtain, and can be bought on the AH at a low cost

This set is over all easily obtained without much cost, but a few pieces will require some work. The mace is an rare world drop, which is hard to come by, but an alternative is an offhand, that is available to both factions from a quest in Westfall.

Head – Crochet Hat (Random world drop of low quality)
Shirt – Common White Shirt (Vendor item)
Chest – Foreman Vest (BoE drop from Gibblewilt in Dun Morogh)
Waist – Canvas Belt (Random world drop of low quality)
Legs – Durable Pants (BoE world drop)
Feet – Recruit’s Boots (Starting gear for human/dwarf/undead/gnome warriors)
Mainhand – Excavator’s Brand (Rare BoE drop from Uldaman)
Or
Off-hand – Grayson’s Torch (Quest reward available to both factions)

Alternative Chests:

If the Foreman Vest proves too difficult to obtain, consider the following recolours which are depicted in the image to the right:

Chest – Red Linen Vest (Crafted by Tailors of 55+ skill)
Chest – Green Woolen Vest (Crafted by Tailors of 85+ skill)

~ by Noelani on October 10, 2010.

19 Responses to “Harrison Jones”

1. Bastiecats says:

Just found Torch of Austen. Wand usable for those that can’t use maces.

2. Cuppcakes says:

According to WoWHead comments, the http://www.wowhead.com/item=10553 has a chance to drop from Salvage crates in the garrisons. Haven’t seen it yet personally, but thought I’d post a glimmer of hope for those of us still chasing those transmog dreams!

3. Suzanne says:

Hi Noelani,

Thanks for the help, I am now busy woking on an awesome harison rogue :P. I did decide on more expedition items tho, to keep the colours alike.

4. Suzanne says:

Why not just use the weather beaten fishing hat?

The Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat is a perfectly valid alternative to the Crochet Hat, although I’m not sure which would be easier to obtain.

I assume that you’re rating the weather-beaten above the crochet hat as the former is transmogrifiable, but I should point out that this article was created over two years ago, before transmogrification was even heard of in WoW.

• Suzanne says:

Ahhh I see, but ehm… for sake of transmog… what would be suitable leather substitutes as I want to make a ‘Harrison Rogue’ :P?

Alright, let’s see what we can do for a leather Harrison mog.

First of all, let’s imitate as much as we can of what he actually wears in-game:

• Head – There isn’t an exact leather version of his hat, but Wanderer’s Hat comes close in style and colour.
        • Shirt – White Swashbuckler’s Shirt – almost identical to in-game model.
        • Belt – Feralfen Skulker’s Belt – Alliance only, but identical to his in-game model. Horde alternative could perhaps be Nocturnal Sash. Expedition Girdle if you’d prefer a better matching colour scheme.
        • Legs – Ranger Pants – identical to in-game model. Expedition Pants is a possible alternative.
        • Feet – Bandit Boots – identical to in-game model. Looks slightly different on females.

Next, let’s fill the gaps:

• Chest – The chest he wears in-game is cloth and there’s no leather lookalike. Expedition Tunic is a good alternative.

• Hands – Ranger Gloves or Expedition Gloves. The latter hide most bracers, so they might not be an issue.
        • Wrists – Anything small and brown? Emissary Cuffs perhaps. The yellow detail matches the tunic quite well.
        • Shoulders – The hardest part. Expedition Shoulderguards? Blackened Leather Spaulders? Small, subtle leather shoulders are not one of the strong points in WoW design, so it’s not easy to get something that doesn’t detract from the rest of the elements which are identical to Harrison in-game.

For weapons, dual wield Excavator’s Brand?

I might add the above to this article, or create a completely new article, if I can find the time to put it all together. It is a slightly messy combination of colours, but that’s the price we pay for replicating most of his clothing precisely.

Long story short, the expedition set is really good for this kind of stuff! I hope that helps you a bit for now, Suzanne.

5. Silasten says:

Another good stand-in for the vest is Primal Shirt, which has the appearance of a brown vest on a dirty, slightly worn white shirt. :) Perfect for field work!

6. HanSolo says:

“Legs – Durable Pants Crafted by tailors)”

Must be a mistake. I am a tailor but I couldn’t find the recipe in any database neither at tailoring teacher and AH. Can somebody tell me where I can obtain this recipe IF it exists.

You’re right, it’s not crafted, it’s a BoE world drop. I believe that we initially had a crafted item in that slot but changed it in favour of the ones you see in the article now. Obviously we neglected to edit the source text in the process though.

7. Prince Oshen says:

Where’s the whip? lol

8. Damian says:

I actually made a Harrison Jones outfit similar to this a while back except I used a lot of the “Twill” pieces (vendor trash cloth gear) and it looked pretty spot on… Not sure if it’s exact but it’s a viable and quite possibly more viable of an alternative (I run across Twill pieces all the time when running Northrend stuff)

Does anyone know if Gibblewilt still drops the chest piece? I’ve killed him like 30 times already :x

Would to see lighter brown boots to match the other items here

Would love to see a Crocodile Dundee!!