Battleforge Set

Battleforge Set

Armor Type: Mail
Level Req.: 24 for Battleforge items/70 with extras
Source: BoE World Drops
Availability: Not easily farmable, checking the Auction House regularly is the best option

Items of the Battleforge set drop from random creatures between level 25 and level 30, most particularly rare elites. The best drop rate noted for a Battleforge piece from a rare elite is 8%, which itself isn’t too bad. The problem remains though that rare elites can have respawn times of multiple hours, so ‘farming’ them isn’t too feasible. As with all BoE uncommon drop sets, the Auction House is the place to go.

The Blood Elf pictured above has decided to accessorise and taken on two more items to match his colour scheme. There are also a couple of alternative extras listed at the bottom of the article.

ShouldersBattleforge Shoulderguards
ChestBattleforge Armor
WristsBattleforge Wristguards
GlovesBattleforge Gauntlets
WaistBattleforge Girdle
LegsBattleforge Legguards
FeetBattleforge Boots

BackEmbersilk Cloak (BoE world drop)
CrossbowEmberhawk Crossbow (BoP drop from Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates in the normal and heroic mode Arcatraz, at an 18% rate)

Alternatives:

Below are a couple of alternative extras to match this set, both of which can be seen in the image to the right.

BackCloak of Healing Rays (BoP drop from Ghaz’an in the normal mode of The Underbog, at an 18% rate)
WeaponBlade of the Titans (BoE world drop)

Note: There are a couple of extra items in the Battleforge set that were left out in the interest of creating the best overall look. You can find them here.

~ by Noelani on January 9, 2010.

17 Responses to “Battleforge Set”

1. Hero says:

I found the best transmog for a nelf hunter, or any kinda hunter is the full battleforged gear save the shoulders. Use the Raging berserker helm, and the heirloom shoulder, then get the netherwane cloak, complete with an orange marshall’s shirt. BEST xmog ever

2. Mojca says:

I love this set on my hunter!
    For head I use Crown of Flame – drop from normal Firelands(http://www.wowhead.com/item=71356).
    For weapon I use Gladiator’s Heavy Crossbow – pvp item, bought with honor(http://www.wowhead.com/item=28294/). Is still available in game, wowhead.com is wrong. Head and weapon look really awesome and fiery together :).
    For not-so-naked look on my female Belf I also wear Red Swashbuckler’s Shirt (http://www.wowhead.com/item=6796).
    And combined with pet with fire effect (f.e. Terrorpene) I get many compliments!!

3. Neil says:

For those of us goblin hunters who wouldn’t be caught dead using something as primitive as a bow/crossbow but nevertheless love this set, Recoiless Rocket Ripper and Arcanite Steam Pistol look great.

4. Shaella says:

I thought the set had already too much gold on it, so I opted for a different cloak. I found the perfect one, IMO, the Netherwane Cloak, obtainable as a quest reward for the level 56 quest (required level is 54) “Watching Our Back”, just at front of the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands. As long as I know, it is an Alliance quest, dunno if the Horde’s quest offers the same rewards. But I tell you, this is by far the truest darkest blackest cloak I’ve found in the game, and it looks strikingly beautiful with this set, because it brings out the black color on it, and the border is golden and crimson red, which makes it a perfect match. This is the link to this item @ WoWhead if you want to look at it. It’s so black it looks like silk, soooo beautiful!

5. yuuko says:

You should try the scarlet monastery in normal mode (the part on the right entrance). In two a runs, I looted the shoulderguards, the chest, the feet and the legs…

6. Mordela says:

I used this and the engraved set to make what I think is a cool alternative to the normal set (on women).

I am still trying for the Kara bow although I love this one, and I think this set looks great on a Black Drake, and (if a hunter) and orange wasp pet.

• Shaella says:

That’s a lovely take on the set, Mordela, thanks for sharing! And I like the choice for a weapon, I was considering the Emberhawk Crossbow, as sugested on this page (http://www.wowhead.com/item=28397), but yours is a good alternative as well. Love the contrast of the chest piece with the rest of the set, and specially love the girdle!

7. darkkmoon says:

does anyone know a good bow that would go well with this set? please

8. pearlneckly says:

this set actually is easily farmable. the rares in northern stranglethorn, the high priestess, mahamba, pogeyan, the big gorilla, and the mosh ogg leader all drop them randomly. pants seem to be the hardest to farm.

9. Bank says:

I wanted this as a transmog for my rogue banktoon but then I found out I cant transmog it since its mail. -.- Make a leather set that is just as nice!

10. Kingsly says:

Duro Footgear and Landing Boots are both matching boots and are quest rewards in Netherstorm.

11. Matthew Brown says:

Yes, the Battleforge and Blood Knight sets are identical in appearance and type, meaning you can intermingle the two for a transmog set, which is what I’ve done on my hunter (Mindala-Nesingwary). I’m using Hellreaver as a transmog for my polearm — its orange/red color matches well, as does the black and gold in its shaft and fittings. Since Mindy is a troll, I have her using the Voodoo Hunting Bow as the source for the bow appearance — the red in that goes fairly well with this, and the gold bows, to my eye, look too blood elf.

12. mellowyellow says:

There is a set that looks exactly like this for mail wearers (or atleast they look the same to me) It’s called the Blood Knight set… muy sexy short shorts for girl toons!!

13. Roudelly says:

I had tried Gnomeregan runs to get this full set, but after 4 clears, I still had no pieces. Just my luck, I’m sure.

Instead, I used my SilverDragon to find all the rares in Arathi Highlands, The Hinterlands and STV and after a week of randomly farming just the rares, I had gotten the full set.

My weapon as of now is Skyfire Hawk Bow, shown in the Glimmering Set link. Happy hunting!

14. Azaria says:

It should also be noted that Battleforge pieces drop from mobs in Gnomeregan. So a few runs and you could have the whole set if lucky. It’s the best bet if anyone chooses to farm it :)

15. Aiyannah says:

I know you guys rarely put up helms/ head pieces but the Blood Elf Bandit Mask would look great with this set because the color scheme matches so well. just something to consider :)